Community Futures South Fraser (CFSF) is a not-for Profit Corporation funded by the Federal Government through Western Economic Diversification.
Our mandate is to promote economic development and job creation in rural, non-metropolitan areas.
We are 1 of 34 offices across the province and 266 across Canada that has been in existence for just over 25 years.
CFSF was establish in 1997 and our region is Chilliwack, Agassiz and Hope.
We provide the following services:
- Business loans - We provide business loans up to a maximum of $300, 000. These loans are designed as an alternative source of funding to compliment rather than compete with existing commercial lenders. We charge a higher interest rate than commercial banks and credit unions and only provide funding to businesses that have been denied funding by other banks or credit unions. Our primary clients are early stage businesses and those businesses that are unable to meet the equity or experience requirements of other lenders. We also receive referrals from other financial institutions asking us to consider partner financing for current customers who need additional flexibility. We differ from BDC in that we use residential property as equity and we are willing to approve very small loans, i.e., less than $1,000.
- Business Advisory Services - We provide basic business advisory services and workshops. These services are primarily to small, early stage businesses, and topics include finance and record keeping, marketing and market research, business planning, sales, customer service, networking, social media, etc. We provide two (2) 1 hour, one-on-one consultation sessions at no charge and then provide half day and 1 day workshops on a fee for service basis ($47 for a half day and $77 for a full day).
- Community Economic Development- We work with the regional district and regional partners on economic development projects. Some examples of our partners include Tourism Abbotsford, Chilliwack Economic Partnership Corporation, Chilliwack Ag-Commission, Trails and Rec Sites BC, Abbotsford Farm and Country Market, Farm Start BC, Van-City, BC Ministry of Agriculture as well as others.
Recent projects include:
- Sumas Mountain Trail Development (with Tourism Abbotsford, Trails and Recreation Sites BC, and various other partner organizations)
- Abbotsford Farm and Country Market Business Development and Marketing Plan (with Abbotsford Farm and Country Market and Ministry of Agriculture)
- UFV Agriculture Research and Innovation Centre Feasibility Study (with UFV, Chilliwack Economic Partnership Corporation and NRC.)
- Agriculture Human Resource Management Materials and Sample Employee Handbook (with Ministry of Agriculture.)
- Self-Employment Program - We also deliver the Self Employment Program that is funded by the Provincial Government through Employment Insurance in Abbotsford, Chilliwack and langley.