In 2007, Community Futures South Fraser provided information, advisory and technical services to over 2000 contacts in the South Fraser region. At least 1000 new businesses were registered at our One-Stop Business Registration kiosk.
Since 2005, through the BC Centre for Social Enterprise, we've been actively assisting local non-profits to complete feasibility studies for social enterprise concepts and other programming. We are viewed by funders as a leading technical assistance provider for early stage social enterprise development in BC.
What makes a successful project? Should we invest?
Feasibility studies attempt to answer the fundamental question: Is the project or social enterprise feasible? Can it be done? Does it make sense? A feasibility study is an integrated compilation of sub-studies that demonstrates the workability of a project or social enterprise.
A feasibility study covers the following areas:
- Regional socio-economic situation (general description of the current situation), in addition to a gap analysis related to your concept / area of need.
- SWOT analysis — strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats.
- Project implementation schedule.
- Market study and marketing.
- Detailed description of feasible activities.
- Financial analysis and projections
- Social economic effects and multiplier effects, related studies, best practices.
- Options analysis on different hypotheses and scenarios, including: expected, optimistic and pessimistic scenarios.
- Next steps, recommendations, suggested funding sources / partners.
Community Futures South Fraser would be happy to speak to you about your organization's goals and projects. We can also suggest funding sources and assist with grant writing in order to attract grant monies to cover costs of feasibility work.